July Odds and Ends


Nothing says summer like iced coffee in Asbury Park.  Am I right?  

I haven't been very diligent about blogging lately, but I do have a few odds and ends to share.  A while back I mentioned that a poem of mine was making an appearance in American Arts Quarterly, a journal I love for its celebration of old and new representational painting.  My poem is now up on their website too.  Here it is.

tiger lilies in bloom
Also, I just wanted to mention one last time that it's not too late to register for my Young Adult fiction workshop at the fifth annual Nightsun Writer's Conference in lovely Frostburg, Maryland.  

The conference takes place from July 24th to the 27th, and also features workshops in poetry (led by Bruce Weigl), nonfiction (Marion Winik), fiction (Clint McCown), and sci-fi, fantasy, and horror (Brenda Clough).  

If you've been meaning to get started writing a young adult novel or you've got one in process, you might want to check it out.

And speaking of YA fiction, it won't be long until Catherine is out in paperback.  (August 19 to be precise.)


With the standoff between Amazon and Hachette, a lot of new books are getting lost in the shuffle, and I'm afraid Catherine might turn out to be one of them.  Because I'm a Hachette author, you can't pre-order Catherine (or her little sister Love, Lucy) at Amazon.  But both of them are up for pre-order at Barnes and Noble and BAM!  

basil from the garden: finally enough for pesto





Comments

Popular Posts