Memory Cards Light the Corners of My Mind (a Spring Break roundup)

Window Shopping in Florence, Italy

Love, Lucy gets her first Waiting on Wednesday mention from Stories and Sweeties.  Waiting on Wednesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.  Every Wednesday book bloggers list the soon-to-be-released Young Adult books they can't wait to read.

The January 2015 release of Love, Lucy feels so far away.  In the meantime, though, it's spring break, and I'm writing up a storm, working on the yet-untitled Greek novel.  For research and inspiration purposes, I've been digging around, looking for the lost Greek memory card, the one with a thousand pictures from my last trip.  Instead, I've been finding all sorts of other old pictures, like the one above, taken when I was in Florence, researching Love, Lucy.

And then there's this, taken two summers ago:


Some of my friends will undoubtedly recognize the handwriting, but for all the others, this is a speech, spelled out phonetically by Bruce Springsteen, in advance of a 1999 concert he gave in Milan. Finding it on the wall of the Hard Rock Cafe Florence was like bumping into an old friend far from home.  

Speaking of bumping into old friends, I also found a lot of family photos on that same memory card.  This one in particular:



It's my Ophelia: tail in motion, eyes full of love, sitting next to two bags of souvenirs I'd lugged home from Italy and Greece.  There will never be another Feef!


Comments

Popular Posts